Clean & Simple Shampoo
This shampoo is designed with safe, mild ingredients featuring plant-based Suga®Citrate L1C, Cola®Teric CBS, Cola®Mate LA-40 MB, and Poly Suga®Quat S1210P to create a gentle, sulfate-free, silicone-free shampoo that effectively washes away dirt and oils. Your hair is left feeling healthy and light without any build-up, greatly for daily use or when your hair is in need of a “cleanse.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00||Carrier|
|2||Polyquaternium-10||UCARE™ Polymer JR-30M ¹||0.20||Conditioning|
|3||Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine||Cola®Teric CBS||7.00||Viscosity build|
|4||Disodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Citrate||Suga®Citrate L1C||13.00||Ultra-mild primary surfactant|
|5||Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate||Cola®Mate LA-40 MB||12.00||Foam boosting co-surfactant|
|6||Polyquaternium-81||Poly Suga®Quat S1210P||2.00||Conditioning|
|7||Fragrance||Fragrance ²||0.30||increases deposition of PQ-10|
|8||Benzyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin and Tocopherol||Euxyl® K 900 ³||0.70||Fragrance|
- Combine ingredients 1 – 2 and mix until completely hydrated.
- Add ingredients 3 – 4 in order and begin heating to 45 – 50°C.
- Once at temperature, add ingredient 5 and mix until completely dissolved.
- Add ingredients 6 – 8 while beginning to cool and continue mixing until clear.
- If necessary, adjust to pH 5.0 – 5.5 with citric acid (viscosity is pH dependent, increasing at lower pH).
Appearance: Clear, Viscous Liquid
pH: 5.0 – 5.5
Viscosity: 5,000 – 10,000 cP
Surfactant Solids: 13.6 – 14.5%
1Dow, 2Orchidia Fragrances, 3Schülke & Mayr
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.