100% Biobased Sulfate-free Surfactant in Anhydrous Form
Suga®Nate 160 Dry is a sulfate-free primary surfactant in anhydrous form. Using Suga®Nate 160 Dry, formulators can begin with a highfoaming product and build to preferred aesthetic properties without concerns of irritation to eyes and skin. Suga®Nate 160 Dry is also very low in toxicity and is 100% natural carbon biobased, derived from natural materials.
INCI: Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate
Patent: 6,627,612 B1; 7,045,506
Regulatory: USA (TSCA); Canada (NDSL); EU (REACH); Australia (AICS); New Zealand (NZIoC), Taiwan (NECI)
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Natural Products Association Certified Ingredient
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 160 Dry as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant. Suga®Nate 160 Dry also meets criteria for direct release under EPA’s Safer Choice Standard and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are approved in outdoor applications that are likely to bypass sewage treatment . Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.