Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate - 100% Natural Carbon
Suga®Nate 160NC is a naturally-derived, high-performance surfactant suitable for a variety of personal care formulations. Using Suga®Nate 160NC, formulators can develop a high-foaming product with discriminating attributes without irritation to eyes and skin. Suga®Nate 160NC is very high in natural character, very low in toxicity and cost-eff ective when compared to other surfactants in typical sulfate-free formulations.
Suga®Nate 160NC meets the requirements for ingredients that may be included in goods and services bearing Nordic Swan ecolabelling.
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 160NC as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Nate 160NC also meets criteria for direct release under EPA’s Safer Choice Standard and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are approved in outdoor applications that are likely to bypass sewage treatment . Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
Readily biodegradable per OECD 301 methods. This product meets the criteria for a surfactant under the EU Detergents Regulation (EC) 648/2004.
- Conforms to NSF/ANSI 305-2012
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
Suga®Nate 160NC is stable in hydrogen peroxide.
INCI: Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate
Patent: 6,627,612 B1; 7,045,506
Regulatory: USA (TSCA); EU (REACH); Canada (NDSL); Australia (AICS); New Zealand (NZIoC); Taiwan (NECI)